Friday, September 6, 2013

Kiley's Outrage

Kiley's Outrage was posted as a comment on Facebook and used with permission.

I have been having trouble finding the words for this over the pain it causes me, but maybe that is just the point. Whenever a parent hurts a disabled child, it breaks my heart. I'm a disabled parent. I have disabled children. I won't deny it has been hard as hell sometimes, but I love them with all my heart. I watched the videos of Issy's "therapy" and meltdowns. I see a little girl who is hurting and needed understanding and has been desperate for it for years and years.

We have to be hurt and outraged. We have to make sure that the world knows that murdering disabled children is wrong-- and trying but failing is every bit as bad. Disabled people deserve equal justice to the abled. Even if some of us aren't able to ask for it ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment