Saturday, September 7, 2013

Kiley: Dear Issy

Kiley: Dear Issy was posted as a comment on Facebook and used with permission

Dear Issy,
Today I watched all of your mom's youtube videos and looked at her blog. I can see that your family had some good times, and I hope you can remember them in the future.

I saw a young woman whose mother wouldn't let her grow up. I saw a mom who didn't respect her daughter's personal space and had trouble growing up herself. I saw a mom who desperately wanted to control an independent person who had trouble expressing herself. I know you are angry with her. I could see that clearly. I'm angry along with you. But I know there were good times, and for your sake, try to remember them so you can move forward in life and the pain can heal. Right now you are in a dark place, but it's going to be okay, and justice will be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment